benefits of membership
As a member, you'll enjoy the benefits of our membership and support from our sponsor club, the Rotary Club of New York. The benefits include but are not limited to:
- Attend one of the Rotary Club of New York's lunch meetings, courtesy of the club. (4 available a month)
- Enjoy access to our exclusive LinkedIn Group where we post job openings, helpful articles, and network
- Receive personalized business cards as a member of our club
- A semi-annual members-only dinner event that the club will pay for
How do you become a member?
Requirements for Membership Eligibility
Prospective members must complete the following requirements to be eligible for induction into the club. All requirements must occur within the same Rotaract Year (July 1st through June 30th).
- Attend at least 2 general meetings
- Attend at least 1 service event
- Attend at least 1 social event
- Lead at least 1 service OR social event
- Pay annual membership dues (see below).
*Please note that leading an event will fulfill the attendance requirement for either the service or social event (i.e. if you lead a service event, this also counts as attending a service event.)
Dues are paid on an annual basis. All dues are required to be paid upon a new member's induction to the club and then annually from that point forward.
We have three different types of membership:
- Professional Membership: dues are $60/year,
- Student Membership: dues are $45/year,
- "International Friend" Membership: dues are $45/half of a year.
Please note that, in order to qualify as an International Friend, you must complete the requirements for membership and be staying in New York City for six months or less. You may continue as a member of the Rotaract Club at the United Nations after you leave if you continue to pay your annual dues.
Looking to pay your dues?
Click on the button below to pay your annual dues online via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay online. Please email the treasurer with your receipt and the Rotaract year for which you are paying. Note that you may also pay the treasurer in person at any meeting with cash, check, or a card via PayPal card reader.
Please note that a $2 service fee will be applied to all credit card payments (online or via card reader). We appreciate your understanding!